Nearly all of the proceeds from ticket sales go to the band each Saturday night. A dedicated team of volunteers does the work that makes each concert season a success. Volunteers book the bands, staff the kitchen, set up the auditorium, sell the tickets and manage the sound. Nevertheless, it still takes money to put on a show.
Additional support for the performances is managed by the Lucketts Bluegrass Foundation, whose volunteers:
- Coordinate with Loudoun County and the Department of Parks and Recreation
- Manage finance, accounting, taxes, and other administrative functions required of non-profit corporations
- Purchase food and supplies
- Pay royalties to various Performance Rights Organizations for the use of copyrighted music
- Purchase and service equipment
- Record, edit, and catalog performances for WAMU’s Open Mic program
The foundation also supports educational programs and the health and welfare of musicians in times of need.
To ensure the continued success of Lucketts Bluegrass for the years to come, the Lucketts Bluegrass Foundation welcomes support from the bluegrass community. To learn more, select one of the links below.
President, Lucketts Bluegrass Foundation